Mr. Hastings served as an officer of MedCare Financial Solutions, Inc., and MedCapital Funding Corporation. MedCapital provided Medicare, Medicaid, and private pay receivable financing to health care providers. MedCare Financial Solutions provided claims processing and other financial and operational services to hundreds of healthcare providers. Mr. Hastings developed several reimbursement and financing training courses and is an accomplished speaker on topics related to health care reimbursement and financing systems.
Mr. Hastings has developed and taught an array of healthcare provider courses including “Financing Receivables,” “Getting Paid,” “Cost Reporting,” and more. As President of MedCare Financial Solutions, he oversaw the processing of over a thousand claims per day for a wide spectrum of healthcare providers. At all times, he was a member in good standing with the National Association of Claims Assistance Professionals.
Mr. Hastings is a certified public accountant (CPA) and an accredited senior appraiser (ASA), as well as being Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the AICPA.* He is also a certified valuation analyst (CVA), as designated by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) and a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
*ValueScope is not a licensed CPA firm.
- Big-8 Audit Experience
- Awarded General Securities and Operation Licenses
- Former Finance Commissioner of Texas
- Texas Department of Banking , chairman of the Audit Committee
- Multiple chief financial officer positions
- Arizona State University, M.B.A.
- University of Indiana, B.S.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA license, ABV and CFF credential)
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (CPA license)
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA credential)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA credential)
- AICPA Business Valuation & Forensic Litigation Support (CFF credential)
- Financial Executive Institute