Mr. Lucas has also enjoyed considerable success as a fund manager of distressed debt instruments and has been involved as a principal in numerous secured lender steering committees through the Chapter 11 bankruptcy process as well as other types of financial restructurings.
During the course of his career, Mr. Lucas has assisted financial institutions, attorneys, accountants and others in investment management, business appraisals, financial restructuring, tax reporting, financial reporting, and expert testimony.
Prior to joining ValueScope, Mr. Lucas was Director of Credit Research for ORIX Finance Asset Management where he managed a team of credit analysts investing in the levered debt markets. He was also responsible for the portfolio of structured finance investments including CLOs, CBOs, securitized leases and various types of securitized consumer loans. Before ORIX, Mr. Lucas was a director with Deutsche Bank Securities, Inc. where he was responsible for making investment recommendations for Deutsche Bank’s proprietary investment book. As portfolio manager and team leader at Highland Capital Management, LP, Mr. Lucas managed large portfolios of loans and bonds. He was involved in numerous bankruptcy court steering committees and led the acquisition of a $300 million portfolio from a bank divesting its leveraged debt business. Mr. Lucas also served as a senior consultant with Price Waterhouse LLP and as a loan officer with Bank of America.
- Big- 6 Audit Experience and Business Valuation
- Extensive Capital Markets experience
- Extensive Securitization experience.
- Formerly served as CFO in the cruise-line industry.
- Texas A&M University, M.S., Finance
- University of Texas at San Antonio, B.B.A., Finance
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in the state of Texas
- Former Series 7 Securities license (FINRA)
*ValueScope is not a licensed CPA firm.